Guide to buying the perfect dishwasher
Ready to buy a new dishwasher? Whether you're looking to replace a tired out appliance or you're simply burnt out on doing dishes by hand every day, Atlas Appliances is the place to go in Calgary. Our knowledgeable sales associates are standing by to help you find the model that suits you best. But before you hop in your car and come on down, here are a few things you should know about buying a new dishwasher.
Consider your needs
How often will you run your dishwasher? How many dishes do you need to run at a time? Will you use it to wash delicate items like pottery and stemware? Do you need it to be able to clean pots and pans? Would a child safety lock be a nice-to-have or do you have arthritis in your hands and require something that's easy to open and close? The answers to these questions will give you a good idea as to the kind of dishwasher you need.
- Type. Under-the-counter models are most common but there are a few other possibilities including compact, portable and countertop varieties.
- Noise level., Advances in sound dampening insulation has allowed for quieter dishwashers. Top of the line models are the quietest but mid-range ones can be almost as good. Read reviews and testimonials to get a sense of which models might produce more or less noise. The decibel (dB) rating is also a good indicator.
- Size, including dimensions and holding capacity. Dishwashers are generally measured by place settings. Eight place settings (compact), 12 place settings (standard) and 14 places (tall tub).
- Aesthetic. White, black or stainless steel. Camouflaged to look like cabinetry or plainly visible. Smooth and sleek or bumpy and boxy. If aesthetic is important, be prepared to spend the extra dollars to get the look you desire.
- Energy efficiency. Energy efficient models can help you save on energy costs. Look for the Energy Star label to locate appropriate models.
- Controls. Knobs, pushbuttons or touchscreens are your options.
- Rack configurations. Dishwashers come with various types of racks and rack configurations. Look at a few models to determine your preferences.
Set your budget
Dishwashers can cost you anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars. Know what you can afford before you get seduced by the priciest kitchen appliances in our Calgary shop. This'll ensure you stay on budget.
Visit us at Atlas Appliances
Once you've considered all of the above, you're ready to come checkout our name brand dishwashers at our Calgary store. We carry quality kitchen and laundry appliances at some of the most competitive prices in the city. In addition, our journeyman technicians provide all the post-sale services you need. Contact us today with any questions and be sure to subscribe to our email list to gain access to special savings and rebates.